Friday, July 10, 2009

independence

i love the fourth of july. it's tied with christmas. there, i said it.


this year at cherry days (north ogden's annual off the chains celebration) i spotted a number of girls i went to high school with. while i was sporting my over-sized cowboy hat and large and in charge sunglasses, they were sporting over-sized diaper bags and mom jeans. uh oh. i think i'm in the early to mid stages of utah old-maidenhood. i'm 23 and without children, husband, fiance or even serious boyfriend. do i need to move? maybe...


don't get me wrong - all of the young wives/mothers i know are quite happy and i'll admit to brief twinges of envy when i troll their blogs and see pictures of adorable children in gymboree apparel. i do want that someday. just not now.


so until then, i'll just stick to multiplying and replenishing my wardrobe.


rock on. and god bless america.

3 comments:

April Fossen said...

Lady, you are fabulous as you are.

hilary said...

haha! you crack me up, i like the last line. you look so darling in your fourth get up shan! as always, of course. and i agree, the fourth in utah definitely ties with christmas. i actually said almost that exact phrase to jeff while we were missing it this year. i can't wait to hear where dalton gets his call to!

Reagan said...

I love the 4th too! better than christmas because no snow. ; )
and wow, I know! everyone has kiddos. it is weird. kids creep me out still. married thing I think I have a handle on, but kids? um. no thanks? lol love you lots you look great!