Saturday, August 9, 2008

let's all go to dee's

dee's family restaurant was just that on friday morning.

i had the distinct pleasure of joining my grandpa, my aunts and my mom for breakfast at dee's in ogden. unbeknownst to me, they are somewhat regulars; friends with nan the waitress, their very own corner booth, and their regular specials from the senior menu (while only my grandpa and aunt ann qualify, the good people at dee's are kind enough to look the other way for susan, my mom and even me to order the #4 pancake special for just $5.65)

the food (while delicious) was a mere candle holder to the company and conversation. to those of you who haven't had the pleasure of listening (as not much else can be done) to the ellis sisters when they get together, i'm here to tell you, you can't write that stuff.

"Let's go to Dee's, let's all go to Dee's! That's what Daddy says, and the family all agrees. Dee's!"





4 comments:

Candace said...

You guys know how to party!

Brad and Darci said...

Sounds like a good time- how cute that you all get to hang out together like that! Way to go on getting the seniors menu- thats pretty awesome:)

reagan: said...

I need to find me some seniors!

hilary said...

i didn't even know dee's existed anymore! but i'm proud to say that i have had the pleasure of listening to the ellis sisters, and there's never a dull moment! and then there's your grandpa. i love him, so sweet. :) looks like you had alot of fun!